What is EAP?

Employee Assistance Program, or EAP, is a free and confidential counseling benefit.

Who can use EAP?

Any employee in your organization can use EAP services, as well as any employee's spouse or dependent children. Sometimes people like to be seen individually and sometimes it is more helpful to go as a couple or a family.

Who will know if I have used EAP?

No one will know you have used EAP unless you tell them.  Your confidentiality is very important to us, but not only that, it is the law.

How much does it cost?

EAP is FREE to you and your family.  Your organization provides this benefit at no cost to you.

When should I use EAP?

Our counselors can help with all sorts of problems including:  family relationships, parenting, work conflicts, substance abuse, mental illness, and more.  There is no problem too big or to small.  If you are wondering if you should call EAP, you probably should!

What will happen if I call?

When you call you will reach the main office where a professional counselor is available to talk Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.  They will either help you set up an in-person appointment, or talk with you immediately on the phone.  If you call after-hours you will reach an answering service where a person will take a message for a counselor to call you back.  If you call after hours with a crisis, the answering service will page our crisis line and someone will call you back shortly.

What will happen when I make an appointment?

When you make an appointment our counselors will verify the city you would like to be seen in.  We have counseling offices in Central Wisconsin, the Fox Valley, and other cities across Wisconsin.  When you come to your appointment your counselor will ask you to fill out some brief paperwork -  mostly just name, phone number, and a statement of confidentiality.  Most counseling sessions last about an hour.

Who are the counselors?

All of our counselors are licensed to practice counseling in the state where they work.  Some of the credentials you might see include:  Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC), MSW (Master's in Social Work), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT), Substance Abuse Counselor (SAC), or Certified Employee Assistance Professional (CEAP).

How much can I use EAP?

EAP is short-term, solution focused counseling.  The counselor will work with you to decide the appropriate number of sessions.  They will also assist you to access additional referrals as needed.